Thursday, March 12, 2009

Billing issues again???

So we've been trucking along for the last year, 7 months and 14 days with no issues. We've been receiving our bills as they had promised... or so we thought... here's the latest update:

March 11, 2009 - Called ENMAX @ 310-2010 at about 7:30 am and talked to Quang from the Calgary Call Centre to ask him about our bill as we haven't received it yet

  • Advised Quang that our bill usually gets printed on the 28th of each month so we usually receive it the first week of the following month; however, this didn't happen for this month
  • Quang advised that they had upgraded their billing system so all clients' bill cycle has been shifted by 5 days which means our bill will now be printed on the 3rd of each month going forward. Advised our bill was printed on the 3rd and was sent out on the 4th so we should get it this week (which we received in the afternoon of March 11/09)
  • Asked Quang about notification of bill cycle change & account number change because while on hold, the IVR lady had advised that ENMAX had also changed the account numbers and they had notified the banks
  • Quang confirmed that they did change the account numbers because of the billing cycle shifts & the upgrade to the billing system
  • Asked him why we weren't notified of this change and his answer was "It was mentioned on our website but the powers that be thought it wouldn't be important to notify the customer on the bill because the banks were notified so it wouldn't matter as you're still able to pay your bill with your old account number. I was able to pull up your account info using your old account number."
  • We pointed out that they should be able to pull up our account info using our old account number as it's their internal system. Asked him where is the level of customer service if you couldn't write a one line on your bill or have an insert to notify the customer of the changes? As well, what is the purpose of having a Special Messages section on the bill if it not utilized?
  • Quang rebutted with "If your payment is still going through at the bank under your old account number, why does it matter that you would need to know that your account number on the bill has changed?"
  • Requested to speak with a manager and was told that a manager would call back within 24 hours and they would reiterate the same thing he said
  • Waiting for a manager to call back

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stop whining and pay your bill, I work in the customer service industry and people like you are the bane of our existence, no matter what we do, you always have another excuse to whine, sometimes problems happen, and we are the ones who are first to apologize, your account number and billing schedule changing really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, pay your bill and shut up.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Previous comment must be an Enmax employee.Enmax is very poorly run and Enmax is the bane of my existence. Since I switched to Easymax, Enmax about 2 years ago, I have had nothing but trouble and billing irregularities with little support from Enmax Call Centre.

In fact, my last encounter a week ago, was down right hostile on the employee's behalf. Believe me, the last thing I want to do is call Enmax and discuss my bill on a fairly regular basis. Who would?? They need to get their act together.

My new job is calling enmax to decipher what they have done "this time". I see an enmax bill in my mailbox and I cringe. More wasted time, calling them trying to figure out what they have done.

Enmax screws up my bill almost every month.Often I get more than one bill per month. In November, I was sent 4! separate bills. On one bill, they charged me for four days of electricity. On another bill, they charged me for one day of gas. Every one of those bills was totally out to lunch. How does that happen? It certainly is not my fault and Enmax is not apt to apologize, I have found.

I have direct payment from my bank account. On two occasions they did not take the amount out. I called to ask them to take it out. Finally, I had to make a manual payment as they had the gall to send another bill telling me I was overdue. This of course, took another call. I was charged interest. I had to chase down the interest refund.

I could go on about Enmax and the problems that they have caused me. I haver NEVER seen a company so disorganized, so unwilling to work out the problems with their customers.Anonymous post:stop whining and pay your bill--that pretty much is in keeping with the attitude I have received from Enmax Call Centre.

And of course, they should have sent a note in their bill telling all customers their billing date and account number was changing. Their business practices are poor. This is a company that thinks it is doing their clients a favour. I would switch today but I am actually afraid of how that will work out.